27 August 2005

Daddy-Daughter Time

My husband coined this phrase soon after Madeline was born - his very own special time with her. In the beginning of her life, this time would consist of him giving her a bath, taking her for a walk, and even holding her close and talking to her while doing various chores. For someone who grew up with only brothers, Nathan has much insight and a deep love for our little girl. I admire the way he addresses her with calmness and respect, and hearing them laugh together is one of the most beautiful sounds I hear during my busy day. Yesterday he took her to the Huntington Library and did things that I've never even thought of doing. He lit up as he reminded her to share with me about taking her shoes off and letting the fish "bite her toes." Her little eyes were proud and excited of her adventures with Daddy.

Daddy-daughter time...priceless!

No comments:

Post a Comment