22 February 2006

Belly Laughs

I just could not stop laughing today, at Madeline and her hilarious stories and expressions. And sometimes I think I'm the only one who thinks she's hilarious because I'm with her all day long, but imagine my joy when I saw her make the pediatrician and nurse laugh just as hard as I do. It's not that what she said was so profound, but she speaks with such passion and articulation that she blows people away. They're constantly asking me, "She's only 2?"

And just the other night, she had me in stitches because she and Nathan were playing hide-and-seek. He'd run and hide and she would ask me, "Where Daddy go?" I'd point her in the right direction and she'd say, "I go find her." Yes, she has her gender pronouns mixed up. And hearing her talk about her daddy as a "she" just about threw me into preterm labor. Not so funny to people on the outside, but I love the laughter we share inside our home. It's our private little world, and I enjoy the warmth of the intimacy we share together as a family.

No comments:

Post a Comment