02 August 2006

the world is a stage

you really enjoy acting and reenacting various scenes from different movies. you are constantly asking me to pretend i'm cinderella while you pretend you're the "mean stepsisters." you rip my dress and then tell me i can't go to the ball. then you tell me to cry as you magically reappear as the "fairy godmoVer." then you say, "bibbidi-bobbidi-boo", while you transform me into a beautiful ballroom princess. then you ask me to repeat back to you what we just spent 10 minutes acting out together. some of your other favorite characters are Nemo, P. Sherman, Marlin, Dori, Bambi, Lady, Trusty, Jack and many more. In fact, for months you would call us "Fahver" and we knew that was the cue for us (daddy and I) to pretend that we were Bambi's father and you were Bambi.

also for several weeks while i was on bedrest, you talked to your stuffed animals and wanted daddy and i to respond to you in various voices, pretending to be the stuffed animals. this went on for quite some time, and maybe it will return again because we got many laughs from pretending to be a tiger, lumpy, dude crush, and dora. you even invited all of these friends to jump on the trampoline with you and informed me that they were your "brovers and sisters."

No comments:

Post a Comment