07 December 2006

weekend to remember


Remember when life used to look like this? Our biggest stressors included the long commute every weekend to visit each other and to talk about the wedding, which yes, was a HUGE stressor in our lives at the time. But nothing in comparison to the challenges we've faced and will continue to face as we move forward. December 11th will be the seventh anniversary of when Nathan proposed. He took me down to the bay where a gondola awaited us with a full dinner and a blanket to cover our laps. Under every bridge we were to kiss and drink in the beauty of the calm waters and painter's sunset. We also enjoyed looking at all the beautiful boats and waterfront homes all decorated for Christmas. As the evening lingered on, a glass bottle floated right up to the boat filled with red rose petals and an edge burned letter from my beloved. I looked up and he was on one knee, asking to be my love forever.

This weekend we will be reliving the story, and recalling the changes that have happened over the years.

I love my husband. I love my children. I'm glad I said yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment