16 November 2007

Christmas already??

We had our annual Christmas walk downtown and it's something we look forward to every year (even though it's always the Friday before Thanksgiving - way too early for me but fun, nonetheless!). Madeline really wanted to see Santa this year, but Grant was not interested in the least. I tried to get a quick picture and this was the result:Get me out of here was what you said in Grant language (ie, crying and screaming as loud as you could)!


When asked what you wanted for Christmas, Maddie, you told Santa that you wanted a pink, princess computer. Santa then sweetly replied, "Well, you have a very Merry Christmas." Thank you, Santa, because this was news to me too!


The rest of the night was spent looking at all the Christmas decorations and just enjoying the festive atmosphere, watching the two of you frolick around together having the time of your lives. One of the funniest moments was when Grant saw the horse drawn carriage and we pointed to the horses saying, "Look, Grant...horsies!" And you replied, "Woof, woof!" And then later as the horses passed us again, Maddie said, "I think I smell horse manure." I don't know any other 4 year old that uses the word manure, but I don't know any other children that crack me up as much as you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment