28 March 2010

belly shot - 21 weeks


It is such a delight to watch Madeline fuss over the baby, now knowing that it's a girl.  She's constantly asking me how "baby love" (that's the nickname we picked for her) is doing, while rubbing and hugging my belly.  Even Grant and Evan have been showing interest in mom's big belly!  Grant says that he will take care of and feed the baby for me; Evan watches me drink chocolate protein drinks and asks for some.  When I tell him it's for the baby (because I don't want to share!) he says, "I have a baby too....can I have a drink of your soda?"

I've started the insulin shots and packing on the weight, which was really getting me down.  I realized that it's a lack of control over my food.  I HAVE to eat a certain amount of food, every three hours, prick my finger to check my blood sugar, and give myself insulin shots which force me to eat more carbohydrates which cause me to gain more weight.  Then I remembered:  This is my last pregnancy.  I am supposed to be round and chubby, and I want to enjoy every last minute of my last experience of carrying a child in my womb.  The days just fly by so quickly and I forget that I'm pregnant until I feel a cute little wiggle inside of me and smile at the thought of another baby, another life inside of me.

I'm reminding myself to enjoy each moment.  I'll never get them back and I don't know if I'll have them tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Yahoo - you're having a girl! I'm so happy for Maddy that she gets a little sister. You are beautiful whatever size you are (though even with extra weight you still look quite small).

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look AWESOME, my dear friend!!!!
    i love you and can't wait to meet dwayne!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete