19 September 2005

Avon Breast Cancer Walk - Part 2

Well, what an exciting event! My mom and aunt walked the entire 26-mile fundraising event and reportedly finished off just as strongly as they started. Now they want all the women in our family to participate every year. This event reportedly raised about $3 million dollars to go toward breast cancer research - wow! I can imagine that if Grandma were still here, she would have been sitting proudly on the sidelines cheering on her two sassy girls. I hope the Lord allowed her a glimpse of the joy it brought them to honor her in such a tangible way.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the way you eloquently express your heart about your mom. aunt and grandma. I agree, if she were here she would have been cheering on the sidelines laughing and crying at the same time because of what her daughters had done for her.

    It was an honor to go through the pain and suffering when I think of all she sacrificed for me throughout my life.

    She will be missed and loved forever.

    Your Mom

    ReplyDelete