29 April 2008

epiphany

What kind of behavior do I want to model for my children?

Do I want to be the kind of mother who walks around complaining all day about cleaning, kids fighting, paying bills, and other responsibilities?

Do I want Madeline to grow up and be a complaining mother and give me all the credit?

Do I want Grant and Evan to choose wives that complain because that's all they saw?

Do I want them to believe that parenting is a burden?


Absolutely not!


Of course everyone has bad days, but they should be the exception not the rule. And I realize that this is a choice I have to make every moment of every day. To give my children the gift of truly believing that the joy of the Lord is my strength. It's not just a cliche, but it's the actual bread of life that feeds my very soul. I don't want to just say I believe in God, I want to live and breathe His life in all I say and do.

I will still have bad days - I will be a sinner until the day I die. But I can make it the exception, not the rule.

It starts with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment