29 April 2008

love language

Nathan was at school last night and I decided to just go-with-the-flow in terms of not being so rigid in getting the kids to bed at a certain time and doing things a certain way. It's much harder with 3 kids wanting/needing your time and attention, especially when my husband is gone one night a week. I realize that our family has been under some serious spiritual attack and decided to go into battle armed and ready.

We had a wonderful time together. Of course there was chaos and brother/sister fights and all the other usual distractions, but I knew the Lord was with me and strengthening me.

Grant went to bed and I told Madeline that we could play for awhile. She decided we should play big Barbies (that's what she calls them) and so we did and Evan sat with us, too. The time flew by so quickly, and we had laughed and talked and joked around. It was time for her to get ready for bed and she happily got up and walked away. She then stopped, turned around and ran back toward me, kissed me on the cheek and said, "Thank you!" She left again and then returned again, kissing me and telling me she loved me and said again, "Thank you so much!"

I was stunned and sat there wondering what I had done. We were just playing Barbies. But then it hit me.

Quality time is my Madeline's love language. Just sitting, talking and laughing together is what makes her feel the most loved and cherished.

And I do cherish her.

No comments:

Post a Comment