14 August 2008

hard lesson


My sweet son, Grant! My heart breaks every time I must send you to this place, but my hope is that you will rethink your actions and choose better.

I'm happy to tell you that you absolutely hate standing in the corner, although you still thoroughly enjoy wailing on your brother. Your eyes follow him like a hawk, especially now that he's crawling you are feeling very threatened by his recent mobility. You never take your eyes off of him and sometimes you strike, even before giving him a chance to touch you or your dinosaurs. You have very good instincts, I just pray that you take your attack methods and use them on someone who's actually after you. I must say that Evan does enjoy grabbing your feet, hair or other close limbs, which seems to send you through the roof! NO, BABY! you shout. We remind you (several times an hour) to say, No thank you, baby, to at least reframe your disgust toward your baby brother. And we have also begun "correcting" Evan when he invades your space by making sure you can hear us say Evan, that's big brother's toy. Let's give him some space. I've heard that siblings fight, only to become best friends. This is the hope I will cling to for all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment