08 August 2008

mama, wook...big boy bed!!!

The words that stopped me in my tracks tonight. Grant took me by the hand to follow him into his room. My baby is growing up.

Nathan converted his crib into a toddler bed while we were out playing this afternoon. He could hardly contain himself, jumping up and down on the mattress and then gathered his animal friends to share in the excitement with him.

I remember when we first put him in his crib, when he was just a day old. He was so tiny, yet we could hear him snoring so we always knew he was breathing!

We were so proud of him tonight. He cried when he realized he actually had to lie down and sleep, but let me snuggle close to him to ease his anxiety. Madeline told me Give him luvies so he'll feel better.






















The hardest part of moving to a bigger bed must be in the fact that you have the freedom to get up, but knowing mom and dad haven't allowed you that freedom necessarily. He respected the boundary quite well. We wanted to give him the chance to make his own choice without installing a small gate in his doorway, assuming he was going to disobey. I'm glad we gave him the choice. And I'm proud of his ability to respect our limits.

1 comment:

  1. So sweet! He is growing up, isn't he?! Bitter sweet...he looks so excited!

    ReplyDelete