29 January 2010

audio books

The kids and I took a trip to Disneyland yesterday, and I realized how much we enjoy the drive down there and back.  I never worry about sitting in traffic because we usually have an audio book to listen to and the kids are so engrossed in the story.  Even my little Evan will listen for a long time, even though he's not quite into the story yet.  We are in the middle of the Magic Tree House series and while the stories are simple, I like them because they appeal to both Madeline & Grant.  We also started the Little House on The Prairie audio books from the library.  Those are a bit harder for Grant to understand, but he still seems to enjoy listening (along with about 100 questions about the story)!  I was beating myself up for not spending enough time reading out loud to the kids.  I find it challenging with them being at different ages and stages to find books that engage all of them at the same time.  But audio books have provided a common ground for all the kids. 

No comments:

Post a Comment