28 January 2010

statements of truth

I have been reviewing and saying these Scriptural truths out loud (courtesy of Neil Anderson, Steps to Freedom in Christ) each day for the last few days, and can't begin to describe the difference it has made in my perspective throughout the day.  They basically reiterate that I am not to function out of my flesh, but that when I choose to live by the Spirit and allow His fruit to work through me, then that is where true freedom and victory lie.

I hope these encourage and lift you up - this is who we are - let's stop living like we have to remain stuck!  This is the statement that has really stood out to me this week:

I choose to be strong in the Lord and in the strength of His might.  I put no confidence in the flesh, for the weapons of my warfare are not of the flesh but are divinely powerful for the destruction of my strongholds.  I put on the full armor of God.  I resolve to stand firm in my faith and resist the evil one.  (See 2 Corinthians 10:4; Ephesians 6:10-20; Philippians 3:3.)

After reading this out loud again this morning, I realized that when I choose to fight the spiritual battle in my flesh, it is like taking a plastic sword to fight to use in a real battle.  What a ridiculous scenario, but this is what I actually do when I rely on myself to get through the day, to respond without anger, to practice patience, to control my tongue, and so many other struggles I have.  What a difference to be reminded that these battles - while they are manifesting themselves in the physical world - they are spiritual in nature and must be faced accordingly in order to find true freedom in Christ.   

No comments:

Post a Comment