10 July 2005

AVON Breast Cancer Walk


Great Grandma Ruby with baby Madeline Posted by Picasa
On September 17-18, 2005, my mom and aunt will be participating in the AVON Breast Cancer walk, in loving memory of Grandma Ruby, who passed away last year just 2 days after turning 66. She battled many physical ailments during her short lifetime, but last year at this time we watched her fight breast cancer until it was time to go home with the Lord. It was a difficult thing to watch, a woman so strong and independent her entire life, lying helplessly on her bed, but still using her will not to give up. Although I miss her terribly and think of her more often than not, I believe God gave her a gracious passing from here to eternity. Her body and face showed no signs of pain and we all sat around her, singing hymns and praying for God's mercy.

She was a truly purposeful parent and grandparent. She spent countless hours with me singing songs, playing games (that she made-up, by the way), memorizing Scripture verses, and teaching me about everyday life.

In loving memory - more than a blog can even begin to describe - I miss you, Grandma!

1 comment:

  1. Christian,

    Thank you so much for doing this for Grandma. Your words perfectly described her. I also loved the photo you posted.

    I love you.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete