10 July 2005

Disclaimer about Book List

As a first time mother, I was very confused in reading about some of the parenting concepts out there. There have been many methods and ideologies that I have chosen not to follow, simply because I can't ignore my parental instinct in raising my unique, God-given child. And although I may disagree with the exact methods suggested by various authors, I do agree with some of their long term principles of using every opportunity to connect with my daughter in order to impact and shape her little heart and mind.

In the next several days, I will post reviews about the books I read and the bits and pieces I found to be helpful in raising little Madeline. But what has worked for me may not be the road you have taken...and that's okay. There is a great need for every mother to be affirmed and encouraged in finding her own way to raise her child/children, knowing that there is not ONE exact way, but that we are allowed to have an eclectic approach.

I believe we can all rest in the fact that we're doing the best we can, with the love and instincts God gave us to raise the little gifts He graciously blessed us with.

Please share your thoughts...

2 comments:

  1. I completely agree with you on the electic natural of raising our children, which is how I am the one to stay at home with our child, while her mother goes to work. We felt it best that she grow up in the personal care of us, he mommy gets the health benefits at her job, so i quit to take care of EJ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's great that you have chosen to stay home with your daughter...You reminded me that I forgot to include "dads" in my analysis, who also need to be affirmed in their parenting, whether working outside or at home...Thanks so much for your feedback.

    ReplyDelete