24 October 2006

bedtime bliss and blues

every night you want me to rock and sing to you. when I ask you to pick a quiet, night time song you always start singing these silly tunes that I've never even heard of and then you giggle with delight at your little trick on me. however, after we sing and you lie down, you ask me to rub your back. all is fine until I kiss you goodnight and then the fussies begin. I know that you just don't want me to leave you alone and that going to bed isn't the most exciting thing in the world to do. but I also know that you and I are much more enjoyable to be around when we've had our full night's rest. I'm sure one day you'll understand this dilemma when you are a mother...wanting to be silly and play with your sweet little one, but also having to end the fun time knowing it will make them sad and possibly bring on tears. deep down in your little 3 year old heart, I think you really think I'm just not being fair because that's what 3 year olds think sometimes. but from the depths of my heart I share with you that I'm not trying to be mean...it's just time to go to bed...simple as that. you'll understand one day, but hopefully you won't get too "fustrated" with mommy for having to set limits.

No comments:

Post a Comment