24 October 2006

fall, fall, beautiful fall

although this intrusive heat wave completely throws off my autumn ideals of having crisp, clean air, I still feel excited about all the events and emotions that come with this fall season and the christmas season to come. tonight we celebrated Grant's 1/2 birthday...nathan grew up celebrating 1/2 birthdays and so our son is officially 1/2 today. in honor of his wonderful presence, we took the kids to a local pumpkin patch. maddie fed the goats and played in a jumper for the longest time. we got a few pics of them together surrounded by pumpkins and hay...so cute. one thing I keep trying to remind myself is to enjoy the moment. there are always so many things that I want to experience with my little family, but I don't want to miss the moments of silence and quiet when nathan and I smile at each other while grant waves his arms and legs and maddie yells, "watch me jump like this, mom and dad!" I especially loved the moment when after getting the kids strapped back into the car, nathan and I crossed paths in front of the car and he stopped me and gave me a little kiss and said he loved me. nothing dramatic about it, just plain and simple and absolutely wonderful. these are the moments that I dream about and want to relish in until the next time. it was a good night. i adore my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment