03 September 2007

catching up

Several times during these past months I have thought about blogging again, but allowed myself to become too overwhelmed with the thought of having to maintain a website. But as I look back at the last eight months, I wish I had written down the moments that were my favorites, because many of them I'll never be able to recount on my own. So much happens in my day that I never want to forget, but I also get so tired that napping becomes a top priority, especially with this growing belly and life inside of me. So I think I'll rejoin the blogging world, just for the sake of remembering all that the Lord blesses me with each day, even on the days that I feel like a crazy woman. My husband and children are my beacons of light each day and I want them to always be able to come back to this place and remember with me.

Recap of events during the last several months:
January
took the kids to hte El Capitan theatre with mom on her birthday to sing-a-long Mary Poppins movie! Grant watched almost the entire movie, while eating veggie sticks.

February
We started attending "Our Time" on Fridays. The kids are able to play, hear stories and participate in really fun crafts while the moms get to eat goodies and chat. We love this time together.

March
We planted a vegetable garden in our backyard, and I started a book club (which was short lived). Just before Grant's 11 month birthday, he said "MaMa." He also holds out his hand when asked a question, as if to say, "Where did it go?" We celebrated Madeline's 1/2 birthday on the 28th and found out on the 29th that we are going to have another baby in December!

April
We went to the beach house during Nathan's Easter break, which we LOVE having as an annual tradition with the kids. We also bought a little puppy named Jack, a white and fluffy toy poodle. We were devastated that he contracted a horrible disease and passed away within 10 days. Maddie still talks about feeling sad about her loss saying, "I miss my puppy Jack." But we had a wonderful 1st birthday celebration for Grant - so hard to believe a year already passed us up so quickly!

May
Nathan celebrated his 31st birthday! I also took the kids to a local Nature Center to explore different canyon animals and insects...they loved it!

June
Grant took his first steps on Father's Day, so proud and excited! We celebrated our seventh wedding anniversary up at Hume Lake for a few days.

July
We went to the local concert in the park with my family and enjoyed a picnic dinner together, and Madeline began her first ballet and tap class with Miss Paula at the community center. She loved it (especially the adorable clothes - imagine that)!

We ventured out to Montana de Oro and camped with our good friends, Jonathan and Anna!



What an adventure as Grant screamed for almost 2 hours the first night and I cried as the second night approached, BEGGING Nathan to let me go to a hotel.

Anna and I took the kids and slept soundly and warmly, while our men and boys roughed it that last night. Very memorable and we will decidedly WAIT until all of our children are potty trained and verbal before making another attempt at tent camping.



I had my second ultrasound and saw the baby move around my womb, although we decided to wait and be surprised on the sex.


We stumbled upon a garage sale just around the block from our house and found princess costumes for $2 - what a steal. Madeline found them more appealing to wear than her regular clothes, of course.




We then left for Hawaii for a month with our families!









August



More Hawaii...








and then Nathan started back at school for his master's program (and full-time work)!



September
Madeline goes back to preschool, and life begins to take on a routine again.

No comments:

Post a Comment