24 September 2007

finding balance

The one thing that is always sitting at the back of my mind each day is, "Do I spend enough time playing with my kids?" There are so many different things that tug and pull for my time, including maintenance of the house and miscellaneous items that demand to be checked off of my "to do" list. One thing that I want to remind myself each day is to "Love Every Moment" even the harder ones, and another thing I want to keep reminding myself is to take the time to play! It takes so little effort, gives so much enjoyment and seems to frequently get pushed to the bottom of my list because of all the things I have to do.

I'm staying at home to be with my children. Yes, the house needs to be cleaned and errands need to be run but the bottom line is that I'm here to raise them and to be available when they want to play. To-do lists won't ever hug me back.

No comments:

Post a Comment