10 November 2008

dress up time with mommy



Today, Madeline cried and said she needs more time with me. Hmmm....We're together from the minute we wake up until bedtime. So what was she really asking me for?

Special time.

She admitted that she needed to just have some special girl time with me...every day. Sounds easy, but doesn't always work out with two little boys also pulling on my legs and crying when they need special time.

She and I came up with a plan. Since she is the oldest, she should be able to stay up a little later than the boys. So we will use that little bit of extra time to do something special.

Tonight we dressed up. She was Snow White, and I went through my closet looking for something that would seem dashing to her. I found a beautiful dress - beautiful enough to make her say Wow, Mom! You are so beautiful! and so I also received a matching blue wand to go with my dress.

We turned all the lights off and walked around with our glowing wands and called each other darling and then took pictures of each other with her digital camera. She giggled so much, surprised at how much fun we were having. She loved putting me in different poses and then taking my picture. She'd take the pictures and then say, Cute! Cute!

Before ending, she insisted we put our jammies on and take one more picture together, making the evening complete in her mind.



Girls need girl time. Special girl time.

1 comment:

  1. you are such a good mommy! what great pictures...memories!

    ReplyDelete