11 November 2008

Goodbye, Aunt Grace...

I will always remember your sweet southern drawl that made me love you the instant we met. I know that you went peacefully while sleeping, but my heart still grieves for the emptiness of your lovely presence. I can't even believe that we were in your backyard visiting just a few short weeks ago. You were reminiscing about when you were a young mother, as you watched Kate and I manage our little ones. Thank you for your sweet hugs and kisses every time we met. Thank you for embracing me as though we had been related our whole lives. Throughout your 95 years, I'm sure you blessed and touched just about every single soul you met. Thank you for the wonderful mark you have left on my life. Goodbye is only temporary...you are finally at home with our Lord. We will meet again someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment