30 November 2008

things that make me smile

Hearing Madeline and Grant asking for me to check on them before they go to sleep.

Taking walks with Evan strapped to my back, while pushing the other two in the double stroller, memorizing Psalm 23 together.

Praying and singing "The Lord Is Good To Me" together as a family before every meal.

Having Grant follow me around asking me to read him a book.

Having Madeline ask me to do more homeschooling with her.

Hearing Madeline and Grant play outside together on the trampoline.

Watching Grant pick out his favorite dinosaurs and animal toys to sleep with at night.

Checking on each child before going to bed, covering them up and watching them sleep.

Going to the park and watching Grant proudly climb up the structure by himself and then go down the slide, followed with a smile when I congratulate him - over and over and over again.

Listening to Madeline practice her piano songs.

Tickling Evan and hearing those sweet giggles.

Having a husband that is more than willing to give me free time.

Eating apples and playing soccer together outside.

Watching My Fair Lady and The Sound of Music together.

Having Madeline tell me that I'm the "beautifulest" even though my "clothes are not beautiful."

Madeline asking to have special time with me.

Grant asking me for "luvies."

Evan snuggling himself into my neck while rocking him to sleep.

Having a husband that encourages me to be intentional with the time I spend with my children, so that I get the most out of being a mom and who doesn't condemn me for making mistakes.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for visiting our blog and leaving a trace you were there! It was great to see you at Christmas, and thanks for the reference on "The Well Trained Mind." I look forward to seeing you again soon--before next Christmas! ;0)

    ReplyDelete