30 January 2006

Memories...

Why is it that with all Madeline's recent life experiences (including jumping on the trampoline, seeing Nemo on ice, eating ice cream with marshmallows, etc.) that she most often recalls the details of her experiences of throwing up in her bed and in Nathan's hands (long story - maybe another blog entry on another day)! We went to the mechanic today and she says, "I throw up in my bed and mommy clean all up." Then, she repeated the same story to the owner who gave us a ride home. She then brought her doll to me and explained that her baby threw up in her hands and said, "Yeh, baby!" and proceeded to clap her hands. I'm guessing that the experience of having the stomach flu was really traumatic and she needs to keep talking herself through it in a sense...she does not forget a single experience. I just hope that the "throw-up" memories will soon be replaced and we can have less nauseating dinner table conversations.

1 comment:

  1. I think you're right. She's reliving it by telling it because it was a new thing for her.

    She's so adorable. I love to read the new things she does, so keep those posts coming.

    I laughed out loud about the pirate. I remember a similar situation where my daughter had engaged in a conversation with a black young man at the grocery store. When left she yelled to tell him good bye and said, "Bye black boy!!" (It must run in the family).

    Mom

    ReplyDelete