09 January 2006

Separation Brings Renewal

Sometimes it's hard for me to allow Madeline to go and visit with relatives, whether for a few hours or a few days. I know she's in good hands and that she's having a blast, but I always feel most secure when she is with me. She is with her Nana and Poppy this weekend, and she is soaking up all the lovies and captive attention! I want to experience every moment with her, every new discovery she makes, every new phrase she delivers, and it's often hard for me to share her. But on the flip side, I find that when I am even a few hours apart from her, I am more emotionally available to her and can't wait to experience her continual growth and change. So here is a big fat Thank You to her Nana, Poppy, Oma, Pops, Gigi, Papa, Auntie & Uncle Steve, Auntie Jan and Uncle Pete for loving her presence so much and being so available and willing to care for her - even if it is for your own selfish reasons! :)

1 comment:

  1. You're welcome for all kinds of reasons, selfish and not. That girl has a whole bunch of spunk - just like you. Watch out 2 year-old men. She is going to be something else!

    ReplyDelete