29 June 2008

night time rituals






Every night, Nathan and I divide and conquer. Nathan takes Grant into his room where they read books before bed, and I take Madeline and read her books while I nurse Evan. It works. Tonight was no exception. Almost every night I long to have a turn with Grant. Mostly because he calls for me and I'm not able to just sit at bedtime. Nap time is our special reading time together, but it still pulls at my heart strings when he calls for me. I know that this is only for a season. He will soon be in a big boy bed, asking me to lay down with him while he falls asleep. Tonight he called me into his room and said Mommy, wuvies which means he wants me to pick him up out of his bed. While I hugged and put him back in the crib, he smiled up at me and said back! That means he wants me to rub his back, but what he does is lie down on his back and waits for me to rub his belly. He smiles and then says Nite Mommy.

1 comment:

  1. Such a sweet a precious boy! I just love how much he is talking now ;)

    ReplyDelete