30 June 2008

potty training...

...according to my 2 year old.

Nathan brought down the training potty last week. It's been sitting in our bathroom for a week. Nathan wants to start training him in August, when he's home for a few weeks. Grant just looks at it, laughs at it, stands on it, lifts up the seat, sits down on it with all his clothes on. We also have the little seat that goes on top of the big potty that is cushioned. Grant likes putting that around his neck, and then cries because it gets stuck and he can't figure out how to get it off.

So yesterday before his nap, Grant tells me he has to go potty. So I take off his diaper and sit him down. I'm thinking Wow...he's really ready.

Grant, on the other hand, had a different idea of potty training. He thought it meant I get to sit here and play with my pee-pee and laugh while mommy stares at me, not knowing what to do next. He almost convinced me he still had to go, but I had already fallen for that trick once. The diaper went back on.

I realized that Madeline never did anything that because, well, she's not a boy with a toy.

Daddy's turn.

No comments:

Post a Comment