28 June 2008

ole!

Early this spring I read from a list of different community classes Madeline could take, asking her which one she wanted to do in the summer. Ballet, tap, gymnastics, spanish language, or spanish dance class with mommy. The description said it was a beginner class, ages 3 and up. She chose the spanish dance class, knowing we could have special time together.

Last week we showed up for our first class, in our matching hawaiian dresses. I didn't care that they were green hawaiian print. My baby girl loves to match and she especially loves dresses. I just thought it would be fun.

The other fun part was when the teacher called all the students to line up and there I was...with seven other preschoolers. Apparently when it says ages 3 and up, it literally means all 3 and 4 year olds without their mothers.

It only gets better.

The teacher said we all had to be in leotards...yep, even this mommy dancer and should have spanish dance skirts and ballet slippers. So guess what I showed up in at class today? That's right - a black leotard with a black skirt (there was no way I was going to run around the room half naked in just a leotard) and black ballet slippers. Apparently I was showing such great behavior that at the end of class we were practicing a marching step and the teacher asked me if I wanted to be the leader. Yes, the 31 year old wants to be the leader.

There I was, marching in my leotard, skirt and ballet slippers, leading the preschoolers around the room. With a big smile.

It was all worth it seeing Madeline's face, knowing she was the happiest girl in that room, knowing her mommy was the half-naked leader.

Only 8 more weeks! OLE!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE IT! What an awesome mommy you are! I can't wait to come to a practice so I can see you in action...you know that you need to scrap a page to save this precious time with your daughter forever ;) love you friend!

    ReplyDelete