05 September 2008

LA County Fair - wahoo!

We decided to brave it out. One whole dollar to get into the LA County Fair on opening day, in 96-degree weather. Evan stayed back with Gigi and Papa, to avoid the heat. We missed having him, but he would have been strapped to the stroller for 5 hours to avoid getting burned by the sun.

We visited the farm animals first. Grant kept repeating Moah Animoes. We have never looked at so many cows, donkeys, horses, pigs, goats (and one pregnant goat that Madeline referred to as one big fat mama goat), roosters and chickens. Our son loves animals!!

Then we made our way to the halls full of gadgets and interesting things to buy. We could hardly move through the aisles...everyone else wanted to hide from the heat too! So we made our way out to the kiddie area. Our little Grant wanted to ride ALL of the rides, even the great big ferris wheel, but he still needs to grow a few inches. Next year we'll be ready for all of those rides. He was able to ride the zoo train ride with Mommy and big sister - he loved it! Madeline talked me into going on the dragon roller coaster. We laughed our heads off. Actually, I laughed because I was the only adult on the ride, but still about the same size as all the other children. The only difference was that I was wearing a wedding ring.

Then Grant and Nathan walked through the miniature train display and we decided to then eat a hot dog on a stick dinner. We pushed through the crowds and found ourselves enjoying the shade of early evening in the garden section. We sat down to rest and soak in the sounds of a musician filling the night air. The kids danced around, chased each other and giggled until they pooped out.

We ended the night by getting them a churro to share on the way back to the car. I think it was beneficial that Evan stayed back because Grant could not stay close enough to me. He kept saying Wuvies, Mama! He wanted to be held almost the whole time. And I also think it was good for us to be able to give our two big kids more of our attention, without having to take away from either of them.

Evan had a blast at Gigi and Papa's, although he smiled big and crawled right up to me when I picked him up.

Memorable times. I pray that even when I'm so tired I just want to lie down and sleep for a week that I will cherish the moments that leave me with a renewed connection with my family.

























No comments:

Post a Comment