15 July 2008

catching up

My college friend Danica (and college roommate for a time) and I were able to meet up today and play catch up on each other's lives from the last 15 months that we haven't been so good at keeping up. Every time I leave one of our visits, I remember how important friendship is. How important it is to have lifelong friends whom we can pick up where we left off, even when months and sometimes even years have passed without a word simply because life gets too busy. But she is a friend that I can laugh with and at the same time, share from the deepest parts of my soul with. And I may not see her again for several weeks or months. But then we'll just pick up again where we left off.

More than that, I'm so honored to be called her friend. I've always looked up to her wit, charm and passion for life. She has unknowingly inspired me to reach higher and work harder, even when our lives have gone different directions. She has respected my path while passionately pursuing hers.

I never knew that when I signed up for that Russia missions trip my freshman year at Biola that I would meet a lifelong friend.

1 comment:

  1. she sounds like a real keeper :) I'm sure you mean a lot to her too as I think you are a TRUE friend! Love you!

    ReplyDelete