21 July 2008

picnic dinner

We made sandwiches and other goodies, loaded up the kids and enjoyed a relaxing dinner at the park. It's funny when we put all the kids in the swings. There are four swings across...three of the swings are occupied by our kids.

Evan just smiles, drools and giggles while swinging. He's starting to crawl backwards, and today he tumbled right out of his pod chair and landed on all fours - apparently he's tired of being immobile.

Grant is becoming more adventurous, climbing and doing more tricks. He takes Nathan by the hand to help him on the monkey bars and to help him slide down the fireman pole!

Madeline is really beginning to mature...It's good to watch her do new things but hard to watch her grow up. She said I wish I had some friends to play with at the park. I responded with We're your friends...don't you want to play with us?

Apparently not.

But it's a good thing. She went up to a little girl and asked Will you be my friend? They ran and played together and then initiated another girl to join their play group. Makes me smile to see her growing in confidence and willingness to branch out.

It's hard to come home because of course, nobody wants to take showers and go to bed. But it still ended nicely. Evan fell asleep first with his nook in his mouth, cuddling Spotty, his blankie. Grant and Nathan read books in his rocking chair, while Madeline and I enjoyed her books rocking outside on the front porch.

Before bed we prayed together. I confessed my sin of yelling at her today. She whispered in my ear Can you ask Jesus to help me to stop whining? Funny that she thinks I have extra pull with the Lord. I hope she'll continue to reach out to Him in her own childlike way.

No comments:

Post a Comment