04 July 2008

happy birthday, america!

We had a leisurely morning on the 4th, and the kids took a 4-hour nap - all of them - at the same time. I was amazed. Of course I'm finding that Evan is only taking one nap per day lately. Yes, but it's better for him to take one long nap with his siblings so that I can have a little down time.

Anyway, we went to Auntie and Uncle Steve's, swam in their pool, ate steak and hot dogs, and watched fireworks. In fact, Grant decided that he wanted to do sparklers, and more sparklers and more sparklers. It was a fun day. Very memorable indeed.










2 comments:

  1. Looks like lots of fun. So, admit it, you drugged them all for that 4 hour nap :) That is so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I knew exactly what I did to get them to sleep that long! Actually, I think it was Nathan's campout the night before that completely wiped them out. More campouts = longer naps = much happier children!

    ReplyDelete