03 May 2008

Bravo, Madeline!

This past week I've been preparing for my second annual piano recital. This time we held it at a local church that has been attended by Nathan's family for generations. In fact, his great grandparents donated the piano we used today. The last few days Madeline has been saying that she was going to play in the recital. I didn't want her to feel pressured so I would just nod and agree with her and encourage her to practice for a few minutes each day, which she gladly did.

As the big day arrived today, the biggest thrill was not only standing in front of the audience, while they breathed in the music my little students so wonderfully played. That was a wonderful highlight and it brought absolute joy to my heart to see them perform so well, especially knowing how nervous they all were. (I was nervous too!)

My biggest thrill was watching my sweet little girl sit down on that shiny black piano bench and play Sho Heen Sho and Hot Cross Buns followed by her daddy giving her a bouquet of flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment