29 May 2008

your first six months

My Sweet Evan...






How can I even begin to describe the joy you have brought to my life since the day I knew you were going to join our family?

I am excited to see your smiling face every morning, and watch you flail your arms with sweet anticipation, knowing that I'm going to pick you up. And on other mornings, I can see your little head peeking up trying to see over your crib wondering when you're going to start your little day.

I love watching you get stronger as you sit up more and more on your own. When I'm nursing you, I try to read books to your big sister and you like to reach far back behind you and touch the book. You want to be right in the middle of everything. You love watching your big brother and sister play all around the house, and your little eyes are just bright with energy and readiness to join them.

I love how you look for me; you can hear my voice and you overwhelm me with your sweet smiles. I love the way your sweet little hands grab my face, pulling me close to your wet little kisses. And I'm enjoying your gummy smiles and coos - once you get teeth, I know you're on your way to little boy-hood!

You have been eating solids for a couple of months now, but have begun to realize that we are eating yummy food that you want for yourself. You enjoy chewing on anything you can get your hands on (big sister's underwear and pink baby, big brother's toy dinosaurs and even mommy's knees!)...but you especially enjoyed the pizza crust Auntie let you chew on to scratch your gums last week!

I love your giggles when I kiss you under the neck.
I love the way you bury your face into my neck and chest for a snuggle.
I love how you roll around the room and I have to look for you when I come back into the room.
I love your bright blue eyes.
I love your sweet baby scent.
I love that you always want to be close to me.
I love your relaxed spirit (except when you're hungry - watch out!).
I love hearing you talk and coo.
I love your wild hair that has a mind of its own.
I love all your roly poly rolls all over your sweet baby body.
I love carrying you around while I try to cook and clean, knowing that my hip is your favorite place to be.
I love watching your little legs jump up and down in your bouncer.
I love you more than you will ever know or understand until you become a dad someday.

Looking forward to the next six months and beyond.

1 comment:

  1. Your words "always" bring tears to my eyes, you really should be a professional writter ;) Thanks for your sweet words and so glad you love Evans pictures! Your babies are so blessed to call you mommy!

    ReplyDelete