02 May 2008

friends

I'm a recovering perfectionist.

I realize that the reason I have so few close friends is because of my own fear of rejection. I am afraid of not being good enough or having them find out what I'm really like (gasp!).

I cherish the friends that I do have. I believe that each one of them plays a vital role in my life, whether we've been friends for months or years. I have come to believe that it is essential to have other friends that are moms, to remind me that I'm not a nut and that we're in this together. I also love and enjoy my friends that are not ready for children because they bring an excitement and exuberance to life, reminding me that there are so many fun things that I can still do and enjoy.

God created me to be His friend...I can't even fathom that. And yet this is what I describe to Madeline all the time. I love that He has given me other friends to go through life with, those women that I don't have to pretend with. They are a true reflection of who the Lord is.

No comments:

Post a Comment