18 November 2005

Amazing Memory

What exactly goes through a 2 year old's mind, besides wanting lots of cookies and wanting her "poopies" changed? It would be very interesting to know exactly how and what they process knowing all their minds are exposed to each day. I was amazed to come home last night and talk with my mother-in-law after she had watched Madeline for the evening. Debbie explained that out of the clear blue Madeline told her, "Gigi Ruby is in heaven with Jesus." Gigi Ruby is my grandma who passed away a little over a year ago, and while my mom and I do talk about her to Madeline to keep her memory alive, she would have no reason to talk about it with my mother-in-law...except that the thought had been on her mind. And what even triggered that thought? I am just blown away by the way her little mind functions so brilliantly. Of course more than anything, it touched my heart knowing that she is responding to my attempts to keep my grandma's memory alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment