28 November 2005

Googly-eyed Grandparents

Madeline went to Nana and Poppy's house for the weekend, while Nathan and I traveled up north to Solvang for a sweet getaway. I'm so amazed at how much grandparents just ooh and aah over our little girl. When we first arrived to pick her up, the entire Kirk household told one Maddie story after another, just dying to see our response to all of her cute antics. And all afternoon, they continued to just feed off her energy and desire for more play time, even though they admitted feeling a bit tired out from the weekend. And as we prepared to return home, my dad smiled at me and said, "So is she coming back next weekend?" I think he was only half-kidding.

3 comments:

  1. I cannot tell you how much joy this little girl brings to our house. We love to laugh, we love to have fun and she brings those things with her when she comes to stay with us. In addition, it's the time we get her all to ouseselves and we don't have to "share" her with her Mommy & Daddy.

    Thank you so much for entrusting her to us. We look forward to many more visits and then getting to know the new baby.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't trade the Madeline craze for anything - she is so blessed to be so adored by you two (and her uncles, too!).

    ReplyDelete