05 November 2005

Mommy Play Dates

I volunteered some time today to help raise money for homeless mothers and their children. I took my Princess House display and had everything neatly organized, hoping but not expecting any business. I usually don't make any money at these "boutiques" but it's for a greater cause. One thing I did bring home were some new connections with other women from my church. We have been attending the church for over a year now and still haven't felt too connected even though we enjoy the friendliness of the church as a whole. But I walked away having spent time with sweet, down-to-earth women who are not necessarily in my same stage of life, but who are just enjoyable to be around because they are women with small businesses just like me. I've been wanting more Christian friends, other young moms who I can relate to with my daily situations. I felt blessed and encouraged by this volunteer day, whether or not any money came in, because I had experienced uninterrupted mommy time....much needed, by the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment