04 November 2005

Overwhelming Cuteness!

Madeline just surprises me more and more each day - from what she knows and understands to what she observes and mimicks. The other morning she woke up before 6am. I said to her, "My goodness, Madeline, we are up so early!" With perfect tonation in her voice she responded sarcastically, "Yeah, well..." Nathan and I just looked at each other and laughed out loud, wondering where this little adult came from! The more I thought about it I realized that I use that same phrase all the time, not even noticing that she has picked up on my useless phrases. It's humbling to look at your child and literally right into a mirror.

2 comments:

  1. Pretty good chance you, in turn, picked up that comment from an older gentleman in your life. Guess who?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Dad, I do recall that you use that phrase quite often! :)

    ReplyDelete