06 November 2005

Sunday Slaps in the Face

Why is it that some Sundays I dread going to church and on other Sundays I'm so glad I went? Today I woke up feeling ready for church. Granted, we have not been to church in 4 weeks (for vacation and illness, so justified in my book) and today I found the sermon was very convicting. Nathan and I even talked about it afterward about how it affected us. Then, there are the OTHER Sundays...the ones where I barely make it out of bed and into the shower with enough time to get ready and I'm grouchy during the entire 3-minute car ride because I find it pointless to even attend church. As I'm writing this now, I remember that it has been a long time since I've desired to be in fellowship at church - why was today very different for me? I think I know the answer (besides the fact that I woke up in a good mood, which is always a bonus): I experienced fellowship with some ladies from my church yesterday and I felt excited to go today because I felt extra connected. We didn't discuss life changing topics or set out to change the world - we just talked about every day life things and it felt good to be in fellowship. I believe that fellowship in turn fosters accountability and a desire to be in more fellowship with other believers, even when I'd rather stay in my jammies and read all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment