21 October 2008

Every Vote Counts


I sent this little story to Dennis Prager, conservative talk radio host...

Hi Dennis,

My husband and I really enjoy your show…thanks for speaking up for conservatives everywhere!

Recently, I invited my five year old daughter Madeline to pray with me for the upcoming elections. Trying to scale it down to her size as much as possible, I explained about the difference between the candidates and how we are supporting McCain because he “believes in Jesus the same way that we do” compared to Obama, who says one thing but his actions don’t match his words. I have also explained that while we desire McCain to be in office, that we still pray for Obama that he will begin to see and speak truth.

Later that same day, we were visiting my friend and Madeline asked her out of the blue, “Who are you going to vote for, Lindsay?”

Taken back, Lindsay responded, “Well, I’m not sure yet.”
Madeline said, “We don’t want Obama because he doesn’t believe in Jesus!”
And I quickly added, “He doesn’t believe in Jesus the same way we do.”
Lindsay laughed and then turned to Madeline and asked, “Who are you going to vote for, Madeline?”
And very proudly she said, “I’m voting for Dennis Prager!”

She knows of you because my husband “takes turns” with the kids whenever he drives them somewhere during the day. He lets them listen to one of their favorite songs, and then takes his turn by tuning in to talk radio.

If you were running for President, you would have at least one five-year-old’s vote!

Blessings to you,
Mrs. Christian Nichols

No comments:

Post a Comment