25 October 2008

my new favorite book

Since I decided to pull Madeline out of preschool and be fully committed to homeschooling, I was so excited to have my friend Lindsay recommend this most excellent book called The Well-Trained Mind which focuses on the classical method of homeschooling your children or one can simply use this method to expand on what their children are already learning at school. I can't put it down and it's not even fiction!

It has opened my eyes to see that I want to give this kind of education to my children as a gift. I only thought I could do homeschooling if I were in a co-op, but I believe so strongly in this method of learning that I now believe I will do whatever is necessary (whether alone or with friends) to give my children this kind of educational learning that I know is not available in the schools simply because there are too many children per teacher to get this kind of one-on-one teaching.

Very exciting...more to come on this topic for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment