22 October 2008

words, words, words!

Just the other day Madeline said I love the way Grant talks! Why does he talk different? He's still learning how to talk and to figure out how to express himself so that he's understood. He gets frustrated when we don't understand him the first time, but he's learning that we need him to repeat things so we can understand and better help him.

Other times he speaks so clearly, like yesterday morning when he came into my room and said, Mommy, wake! Eat bweakfast! The clearest thing he says (or yells out) every single day is, NO, BABY!

Here are a few of my favorite words/phrases spoken out of his cute little mouth:

Thorry Thither = Sorry, Sister
Gwaant = Grant
Dienore = Dinosaur
Daddy wuhk = Daddy's at work
One, two, fwhee, foh, five, sic, seven, ate, ni, ten! = 1-10!
Tak uh - Thank you
Pops Firetruck = pretty self-explanatory
Unco Wohbuht = Uncle Robert
Wuvies = Luvies, meaning he wants to be held close
Weed books, Peez = Read books, please!
When he's told something he doesn't understand, he asks, WHOT? in almost a whisper and you can see his little mind processing whatever was just said to him...such a luvie!

And then I sing part of a song and he responds...
Me: You are my
Grant: SHUNSHINE
Me: My only
Grant: SHUNSHINE
Me: You make me
Grant: HAPPY
Me: When skies are
Grant: GREAT
Me: You'll never know
Grant: DEAH
Me: How much I
Grant: Wuv you
Me: Oh please don't take
Grant: MY SHUNSHINE WAY

No comments:

Post a Comment