29 October 2008

loving this

Yesterday, we were homeschooling before the piano students began arriving. I'm trying to not put pressure on Madeline, just looking to change things up so that it stays interesting. Apparently it's working because when I told her it was time to stop she said, No, Mom. I want to keep doing more homeschool! So we went through the stack of phonics sounds photo library cards and she read the words to me, while telling me which vowel was in each word. Then she divided each card into groups by vowels. Then I gave her some mini magnetic letters and asked her to make some words. So she begins asking me to help her find letters and does even more than coming up with words...she makes a sentence!!

1 comment:

  1. give her a "high five" for me, what an awesome job you both are doing!!

    ReplyDelete