16 October 2008

mini monet


I asked Grant if he wanted to paint! Yes, and he was so excited. So I dressed him in clothes I don't care about. Then I went to his bedroom and carried the easel all the way to the laundry room at the other end of the house. Then I walked back to his room to get the little gate, and carried that back to the laundry room so that Evan wouldn't bother him while he painted. Then I laid out newspaper all over the floor. In the meantime, Grant keeps asking over and over, Paint? Paint? Paint? I tell him, Yes, you can paint. Just let Mommy... and I go through the exhaustive list of all the things I need to do to just to prepare for his paint time. So then I get out the brushes and pour the paint into the cups and he's so excited he just can't contain himself. So he begins to dip his brush in one color, then another, then another. Wook, Mama, Painting! He was so proud of himself. He painted for an entire FIVE minutes. Yep...then he asked if he could go outside and play.

Five whole minutes. But every one of those five were worth it to him!

No comments:

Post a Comment