13 October 2008

i miss you



Happy Heavenly Birthday, Grandma! You've been in heaven for 4 years now. So many new lives have come into being, so many changes have come to us, with and without our permission. I've been thinking about you lately because my heart has been sad for one of our lost loved ones, someone you loved very much. I don't know what you're aware of up in heaven, and I know that there isn't any room up there for tears. We have plenty of those down here. Heaven is becoming more and more real and desirable to me. Sometimes I can feel my heart filled with wonder and excitement of the prospect of heaven - what will we do there? Who will we see? I suspect that we'll miss nothing of this world. I talk about heaven with the kids all the time - Madeline always asks me when we're going. I'm glad I don't know that yet - too much to carry. But I'm thankful to know I'll see you again, and that I'll finally get to meet Great-Grandpa Fred and Great-Grandma Antonia.

I miss our talks on the phone late at night, and the times when we laughed so hard you had to cover your mouth and shut your eyes tight! I miss your prayers and your hugs. There is so much I want to catch up on and share with you. And yet, while I miss you for my own selfish reasons, I know that you are exactly where you are supposed to be. Hug Jesus for me! Thank you for introducing me to Him so many years ago. That was the most wonderful gift you could have ever given me. And I'm passing on that gift to your great-grandbabies. I love you, Grandma. See you in Paradise!

2 comments:

  1. What a heartfelt post...it moved me to tears....praying for you today sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Honey,

    I was so touched with your letter to Grandma!! I so wanted to call you but I'm respecting your request.

    I, too think of her daily. I miss her soooo much and wish she was here, but I want to be where she is more than anything.

    I love you, miss you, the kids and Nathan.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete